Bradford on Avon, Saturday 13th May 2023
Held at in Bradford on Avon, BA15 1BY
BoA’s Green Man Festival harks back to ancient, mystical times when wolves, witches, fairies and hobgoblins stalked the land. When BoA was the wild borderland between Wessex and Mercia. Where travellers from the Wansdyke, Avebury, Stonehenge and Camelot crossed the Broade Ford to our ancient hillfort. Join us to travel back into those times. Connect with our ancient past, discover your inner pagan and experience weird creatures, strange dance rituals, raucous revels and an ancient mystery play. Wear something green and join in the fun. Our sixth annual event is on Saturday 13th May 2023.
- 9:00am – Pagan Market Opens in the Library carpark
- 9.30am – help us Wake Jack at the Tithe Barn.
- 10.30am – Jack and his partner Jill in the Green make their grand entrance into Lamb Yard with their bands, weird beasts and wild dancers.
- 10am til 3pm – 300+ dancers performing at various locations around the town, live lunch time music in town centre pubs, buskers playing in smaller pubs and cafes, and our pagan and makers’ markets. We are bringing back the children’s fun fair and free all day folk and classical concerts.
- 2pm – the very popular Kaboozle samba band starts playing at theTithe Barn.
- 3.30pm – closing parade at the Tithe Barn and the ever popular ritual stripping of Jack to herald in the Summer.
- 4:00pm Pagan Market Closes
- 8.30pm – Join our evening barn dance to finish the day.